Forest Farm Camp
We emphasize fostering the child’s intellectual, social, physical and emotional growth, using the farm animals, garden and nature as the learning environment.
Our weekly summer program uses the animal barn, outdoor gardens, forest woodlands and indoor classroom to provide a unique learning experience. The day is designed to allow children to gain confidence through many opportunities for success, to learn concepts through seeing, feeling and doing in a real environment, and to grow cognitively, socially and emotionally through sharing, planning and learning in small groups along side our highly qualified teachers.
The 100 acre pastures, fields and woodlands surrounding the core farm area provide a diversity of ecosystems which the children discover and explore through group exploration experiences. Along with this environmental exploration, children develop physical self-confidence, curiosity, and problem-solving skills.
- Routine Care of Animals
- Learning about the animals (Sheep, Chickens, Donkey, Cat, Dog)
- Exploring the link between the garden and the food on our plate
- Learning how crops are planted, cared for, grown, and harvested
- Cooking and Food Preparation (creating and enjoying Friday Lunch on the farm!)
- Nature and Environmental Exploration
- Group and individual Learning Experiences
- Outdoor Play and Forest Exploration
- Creative Art and Music
Small classes with certified teachers (6:1 ratio) allow the consideration of each child’s abilities and interests.
Ages: 4-8 years
July 9-13, 2018
July 16-20, 2018
August 13-17, 2018
August 20- 24, 2018
Time: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Persephone Market Garden 241063 Conc 3 Keppel R.R. # 3 Allenford ON N0H 1A0.
What to Bring: Litter-less lunch (peanut free), rain gear, change of clothes, hat and 2 water bottles
Optional: bug spray, sunscreen, bug jacket extra food and water.
For more information please see our Forest School Parent Handbook